The process of testing and diagnosing female sterility can continue for several months. This can be a stressful time and it is a good idea to have your doctor explain to you the various steps involved. This helps to paint a clearer picture of what to expect. Proper understanding of the nature of the tests may help to relieve feelings of anxiety. Most women then receive medications that can help to correct conditions associated with hormonal imbalances and ovulation issues. Many of these medications lead to side effects and therefore it is advisable to discuss their benefits and risks with your doctor beforehand. Some women also obtain benefits from home remedies for infertility. The effectiveness of home remedies can vary greatly, and most natural treatments for infertility have not been researched adequately. While you’re waiting for those test results or doctor’s appointments, you could try out some home treatments however. Some of the most common natural home remedies for fertility are as follows:
• Dry the root of a banyan tree in the sun and then grind into a powder. Add about half a cup of milk and drink in the morning. This remedy is said to help in alleviate fertility problems in women. It must not be consumed during menstruation. The treatment is said to work best when continued for six months. Do keep in mind that this is just a folk remedy, used primarily in the Indian subcontinent and there is no scientific basis for these claims.
• Consume egg plant along with buttermilk for a period of two months.
• In treating infertility in women, natural remedies made with herbs are also helpful. The herb, winter cherry, may be powdered and consumed along with milk.
• Black cohosh is a popular herb for female sterility because of its positive effects on menstruation. It is also thought to encourage proper implantation of the fertilized egg.
• Dong quai is another herb that helps to regulate menstruation. However, it should not be used during the days of menstrual bleeding since it has blood thinning properties. You can prepare a decoction of dong quai by adding a couple of teaspoons of the herb to a cup of boiling water. Brew for about ten minutes and then drink.
• Chaste berry helps to balance hormonal levels in the body by focusing on the pituitary gland. It is beneficial for women who experience problems in ovulation because of high prolactin levels. Chaste berry is available in the form of capsules, liquid extract or tinctures. You may also consume the dried berries.
• The uterine lining can be strengthened by consuming a mixture of red raspberry leaves and warm water. This remedy must be discontinued once conception occurs.
• Many women find massage therapy to be effective in encouraging natural conception. Some have even found that it increases the chances of pregnancy after fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization. Massage helps to regulate menstruation and ovulation.
• A beneficial remedy for the management of problems related to female physiological system such as uterine fibroids is warm castor oil massage on the abdominal area. Ginger compresses are also believed to help in relieving pain arising from fibroids.
Because of the various possible causes of infertility, the treatments or remedies that are appropriate will also differ greatly from one case to another. Most of these home remedies are unlikely to be of much help until an accurate diagnosis is made, and until we have a better understanding of the action of these remedies.